My painting process involves direct observation of nature and I am always fascinated by the ever-changing interaction of light with the waves, the cliffs, the rocky shores and the surrounding forests.
To create original paintings I use traditional mediums such as oil, watercolour, pastel and graphite.
I am inspired by the peaceful but rugged landscapes of the Gaspé Peninsula and by it’s maritime history.
With my artworks, I want the viewer to experience the beauty of places such as Forillon National park, Percé Rock, Bonaventure Island and other nearby areas.
- Born in Percé, Québec 1961.
- Studied fine arts at the Université du Québec in Montréal between 1983 and 1986.
- Worked as captain for whale watching boat tours.
- Established my own art gallery in Percé in 2000 where my paintings are on display.
- Part of the Amphibia-Nature Environmental Research Group.
- My paintings are found in private collections in Canada, United States and Europe.
Commission an original painting :
I would be glad to work with you to create a piece of art that will bring to life your vision.
Don't hesitate to contac me : email@example.com
Publications authored by Donald Cahill :
© 2020 - GALERIE D'ART DONALD CAHILL CREATED WITH WIX.COM